Hymns for a Court of Love
While on my mission, another missionary and I somehow came up with this idea: what hymns would be appropriate to sing to open up a
Court of Love Church Discipline Meeting? We were pretty sure those meetings don’t actually open with a hymn (and in the three church discipline meetings I attended while serving in a bishopric, we didn’t sing), but lots of other church meetings do, so why not? Looking through the list of hymns, here are some I would recommend. If this ever happens to me, I’ll let you know which one we sang.
- What Was Witnessed in the Heavens?
- What Glorious Things Mine Eyes Behold
- The Happy Day at Last Has Come
- Glorious Things of Thee Are Spoken
- On This Day of Joy and Gladness
- Master, the Tempest is Raging
- Ye Simple Souls Who Stray
- Be Thou Humble
- Again We Meet around the Board
- I Stand All Amazed
- Let Us Oft Speak Kind Words
- Nay, Speak No Ill
- Should You Feel Inclined to Censure
- Do What Is Right
- Choose the Right
- Up, Awake, Ye Defenders of Zion
- Who’s on the Lord’s Side?
- How Gentle God’s Commands
- See the Mighty Priesthood Gathered
Pingback: Sunday in Outer Blogness: More pants edtiton!! » Main Street Plaza